1. When I was born, I weighed 5 pounds and 8 ounces. I was small even then. 😉
2. As a kid, I preferred playing with boys than with girls. I don’t remember owning a doll. I have a very happy childhood.
3. I started dancing when I was 3. My mother was so amused that she would make me her “entertainer” for our guests at home. That also started my love for dancing.
4. In kindergarten, I got 3 awards: 2nd honors, most punctual and dancer of the year! 🙂
5. I finished grade school as valedictorian, high school as salutatorian and no awards in college. However, I made it to the Dean’s list four times or so.
6. I became a teacher by accident but super no regrets!
7. No drinking and smoking for me. Only clean fun, please.
8. Professional plan: finish masters by 30 and finish PhD by 40. So far, so good.
9. At 24, I wanted to get married. But it has long been extended….
10. I was such a winner in two crazy contests: a singing contest (where I won as a champion) and a beauty contest (where I won 1st runner up then as the Miss when the original miss got married during her reigning year).
11. The house (including the kitchen) is not my turf. I grew up in a household where there is always someone to do things for me. But it does not mean I am a “señorita” and I definitely learned to look after myself when I studied and lived in Europe.
12. I was very shy before. *true!*
13. I believe that the mole on my right cheek is a lucky charm and an “attraction point”, so said my former Korean student. And yes, I have been warned several times that I will become a widow because of this mole!
14. So what if I’m a cry baby?
15. The chapel is my refuge. As much as I can, I try to hear mass everyday at noon. I prefer hearing mass in the weekdays, because I find it more solemn than attending the crowded ones on Sundays.
16. My love for reading started with Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, Mills and Boon, Harlequin, Sidney Sheldon and later on to Paulo Coelho, Mitch Albom and other motivational and inspirational books (in that order!).
17. I collect happy memories, real friends and positive energies.
18. This girl’s a sucker for the moon! Every month, I take note of full moon schedules and I do everything I can to watch it.
19. I have been scholarship shopping for 8 years before I finally made it to the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programme in 2005. Patience does pay off. Yeah!
20. I love hanging out in the beach, but just not directly under the sun. Obviously, I don’t need the extra tan.
21. All my trips abroad were courtesy of scholarships and fellowships.
22. I live and breathe my zodiac sign’s (Taurus) basic traits: patient, loyal and stubborn!
23. I do not look my age and some people find that a mystery. Honestly, there is no secret.
24. Me thinks I met my soul mate already. Serendipity.
25. Faith, hope and love.
* This is a re-post from a Facebook note.